Toyota Prius (Gen 2)
Toyota Prius Gen 2 (2003-2009)
Remanufactured Drive Battery
Injectronics expertly remanufacture hybrid NiMH battery packs, with precision cell grading and balancing. As Australia’s first large-scale hybrid remanufacturing program, we provide a cost-effective and sustainable solution.
- Exceptional Performance – Restoring to original total system capacity
- Sustainable Economy – Removing failed or degraded cells for none-automotive application and recycling
- Cost-Effective – Up to 40% less than a new hybrid battery pack
|PRODUCT NAME||PRIUS Gen 2|
|Electronics Included:||Plug-n-Play / Yes|
|Package Contents||Hybrid Drive Battery|
|Universal or Specific Fit||Specific|
|Battery Cell Type||Renewed|
|Number of Cells/Modules||28|
|Battery Pack Voltage||201.6V|
|E-Waste||Sustainable Circular Economy / Yes|
|Module Nominal Voltage||7.2|
|Product Packing Weight||52kg|
|Packaging Type||Reusable Transport Case|
Thank you for purchasing Injectronics Remanufactured Hybrid Battery!
- Battery Core must be complete and returned in its original box in an acceptable condition.
- Battery Core must be the same part type and application as the purchased replacement unit.
- Battery Core must be returned in the same packaging it was transported in.
- All cores must be transported separately from all other returns to the address:
– 8 Becon Court, Hallam, Victoria, 3803, Australia
- Do not write on the transport container. Remove all original shipping labels and bills of lading from outside of transport container.
- Battery Cores are only eligible for return on purchases made within 2 months of purchase.
- Battery Core deposit will only be issued to the returning account holder once the battery core is received and inspected.
- No refund of deposit if:
– Missing, tampered with, damaged, or incorrect battery core components that are internal to the battery core’s sheet metal or plastic housing. This includes, but is not limited to, battery cell modules, battery control modules, cooling fans, converters, sensors, or cabling.
– Evidence of water exposure or water damage
– Moderately to Heavily bent, damaged, rusted, or missing battery pack housing.
- Contacts – If you have any queries in relation to Battery Core Returns or Deposit, please contact: email@example.com or phone 1300 308 060
This document sets out the warranties that apply in respect of Innovative Mechatronics Group Pty Ltd (ABN 79 006 171 035 / ACN 006 171 035). Remanufactured Hybrid Battery product sold by us to each end user customer in Australia. By accepting this product, you hereby waive and release any claim hereafter existing against Injectronics, its employees and officers, on account of any and all claims, demands, suits, causes of action and all legal proceedings, which may result from or arise out of the possession, condition, use or operation this product.
Effective: 1st July 2021 (Revision: Nil).
- Refer to and follow authorised original equipment service information for the specific vehicle for detailed instructions. If you do not have the appropriate experience, training, proper tools and safety equipment or access to authorised original equipment service information, please do not proceed further. Failure may result in injuries even death!
– Skill Level Required – Professional
– Replacement Time – 3 ~ 4 hours
- Consumer guarantees – This remanufactured component is warranted against defective materials and/or workmanship, provided the unit is fitted in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and all necessary repairs and testing to the vehicle are performed prior to the installation of the unit so as to avoid possible damages. The warranty extends to the repair of replacement of the unit only and within the warranty period.
- Warranty exclusions – This warranty will not cover Labour, consequential damage, injury to person or persons, towing, accommodation or loss of income, engine damage, defects arising from misuse, water damage, tampering, physical damage, negligence or modification of vehicle, where a fault can be contributed to other than the remanufactures battery.
- Warranty Conditions – It is the responsibility of the purchaser to notify Injectronics immediately with any suspect of warranty related issues before claiming warranty. Any removal or dismantling of the unit will render the warranty void. Units must be returned for inspection and testing prior to any warranty being implied or accepted.
- Warranty coverage – 12 Months from date of purchase or 20,000km (whichever comes first).
- How to make a claim – To make a claim under warranty set out in this document, you must:
a) call us on the number below. Clearly state where the relevant products are installed and notify us of your claim as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than 5 days after you first become aware of the circumstances giving rise to the claim.
b) provide us with reasonable details in relation to your claim (including the product serial number, Date of Purchase / Invoice # and proof of purchase)
c) unless instructed otherwise, please return the relevant product to us or any other address notified by us, where practicable, in its original packaging and arrange for the repaired or replacement product to be collected from us in a timely manner
- Contacts – If you have any queries in relation to the terms of this document, or wish to make a claim under a warranty set out in this document, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 308 060
- What is a Hybrid Drive Battery?
A Hybrid Drive Battery is a large battery that provides power to an electric motor, when combined with the combustion engine offers increased fuel economy and emits less CO2.
- Why do Hybrid Drive Batteries fail?
Like most batteries, Hybrid Drive Batteries fail when they lose their ability to hold a charge.
- How can I tell if a Hybrid Drive Battery is wearing out (failing)?
The vehicle will typically exhibit poorer fuel economy. It may show no/low charge in the morning when you start driving. Certain models will show a warning light on the dash and you will notice the engine revving as well as the battery cooling fan operating at a high speed constantly. Others will show the charge indicator rapidly fluctuate between charge and discharge.
- What is the typical cost for replacement through the original equipment provider?
Dealerships charge around $3,000 to $5,000 to replace a hybrid battery and typically require additional components to be purchased. Our program offers everything needed to complete the replacement
- Will the Energy Display show the battery is full with a replacement battery?
Healthy Batteries will rarely show full on the display. A Hybrid Drive Battery operates between about 60% and 80% of charge to provide longer life. The display is designed to show the battery as half to three quarters full when it is operationally charged
- What year battery is the replacement unit?
It has no age per se, it is a fully remanufactured and tested assembly compatible with model year vehicles specific to that particular part number.
- How long should a battery last?
Most Hybrid owners get between 130,000 and 300,000 km from their original batteries. Our replacement battery is warrantied for 12 months or 20,000km (whichever occurs first).
- What will my fuel consumption be after I get a replacement battery?
Actual fuel consumption depends on driving habits, terrain, and weather as well as maintenance factors such as engine state of tune, fuel type, tyre condition and brakes
- How long will my ordered battery take to arrive?
Product is usually shipped the same day if order is placed before 1p.m. AEST
- If the pack has one bad battery can you just put one new cell in it?
When one cell has failed, the pack must be completely disassembled to replace the one faulty battery module and rebalanced and tuned for optimisation. Otherwise, such repairs are short lived at a relatively high cost, without guarantee. It is more cost effective to replace all cell modules at the same time because if one battery cell has failed, it is likely that the others are nearing the end of their service lives as well.
- How long will it take to replace the hybrid battery?
It takes about 3 to 4 hours depending on the experience of the qualified technician. Hybrid Drive Batteries should only be replaced by a qualified technician.
- What happens to the old battery?
It is shipped to our remanufacturing facility so that it does not wind up in a land fill and proper treatment of EOL.
- Is the replacement battery a copy or imitation?
A replacement battery is a fully remanufactured original equipment assembly.
- Why do you need my old battery?
We require your old battery to ensure proper treatment for the battery cells as part of the End-of-Life (EOL) process within the sustainable circular economy.
- Can I install a Hybrid Drive Battery myself?
WARNING: If you do not have the appropriate experience, training, proper tools and safety equipment or access to authorised original equipment service information, please do not proceed further. Failure may result in serious injuries or death!
Safety is an important concern when working with the electrical systems of hybrid vehicles, particularly when removing and installing hybrid vehicle batteries. It involves high voltage that the batteries generate, therefore is a dangerous activity and can lead to serious fatal injuries or even death. Suitable training is essential before removing, installing, or servicing this product which should only be attempted by a qualified technician
If you have any queries in relation to this document, or wish to clarify please contact: email@example.com or phone 1300 308 060